Monday, June 14, 2010

Meetings to Consider Attending - Week of June 14

Here's what I know of. Perhaps you will comment and let us know if I missed any important meeting.

1. County Commissioner briefings at 9 am this morning, June 14. Updates from Theresia in the Auditor's office and the Sheriff also are on the agenda.

2. Board of County Commissioner meeting 9 am, June 15. Who will speak during the Open Forum time? These meetings are priceless but cost nothing. In other words citizens get in for free. Why more people don't attend is a mystery to me.

3. PUD 3 Commissioners meet at 10 am, June 15 in the perfectly fine PUD 3 conference room. Here's an interesting meeting to consider attending. Given that the PUD 3 rate payers will be owing $71M at the end of Linda Gott's term if she has her way I'm surprised the room isn't full of interested rate payers who want to understand more about this. I'm told they will be talking about the water line tomorrow.

4. Port of Shelton Commissioners meet at 2 pm, June 15 at the Port of Shelton Admin Building. Haven't seen the agenda but the citizen input has been interesting for the last few meetings. And Jay Hupp has been allowing public input not once but twice on the agenda! I think that calls for a "shout out" for Jay Hupp's leadership skill and the whole Port commission for that matter. But who knows what those "pesky citizens" will be saying on Tuesday?

5. Lodging Tax Advisory Committee meets at 2 pm, June 15 in the county commissioner chambers. Their agenda indicates they'll be discussing the Mason Area Fair funding. Unfortunately there's nothing on the agenda to talk about the Harmony Hill pending grant. My regular readers know where I stand on this and I won't bore you any further.

Yes, this is a disturbing conflict in scheduling for this blogger with both the Port and LTAC meeting at the same time. Are there any cub reporters who can work with no health benefits and no salary either? Mason County Budget Watch is in serious need of an assistant to help us keep up with these two important meetings both occurring at the same time.

Mason County, come out to these meetings. Get involved if you can and let your elected officials know where you stand. I don't care whether you and I agree on an issue or not. I encourage you to come out. Your garden cannot have more weeds than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment